Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS MAX 21 XZB

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 06:48 AM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default OS MAX 21 XZB

Hi
I have a OS Max 21 XZB in my Jammin X1. The engine is fully broken in and runs great I was doing so much needed cleaning of the aircleaner assembly and I noticed that the yellow carb insert has a blue discolored streak that runs from the top to the bottom and when I first took it off it appeared that that there was a puddle of blue oil at the bottom. I am using powermaster 30% nitro fuel which is blue. I am also using red foam traxxas foam oil on the airbreather foam. The engine is running great I have no issues with what so ever but I was just concerned about this blue streak. Should I just replace the carb insert and use less oil on my air breather foams? Thank You Michael Johnston
Old 06-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS MAX 21 XZB

If the engine is running well, with no problems getting a setting and holding a setting, don't worry about it. Some of the dye from the fuel is getting down there, but we'd not be concerned.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:27 AM
mkjohnston

Sir
I really appreciate your quick response! I bought this engine from an guy and I had to replace the plastic carb insert but rather than that nothing else. I did notice some rust streaks on the crank shaft and the counter balance but this engine just RUNs so I will just keep feeding it fuel!
thanks
Michael Johnston
Old 06-18-2013, 06:40 AM
Bax

That's the best thing to do. As long as the corrosion is in very limited spots, don't worry too much about it. As long as the engine is running well, feeding it fuel is the best way to enjoy it!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:22 AM
mkjohnston

I see where OS has released a new 21 called the 21XRB and it says in the press release that you can upgrade it with XZB parts. what parts are they refering too in this ad? Also I noticed it has different carb the 20b and the xzb has 21j2 and is there a difference in the size of venturi? I need a second engine and I found a brand new VZB21 at an LHS and the price is good. Are there replacement parts available for this engine? Thank You Michael J
Old 07-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Bax

You would basically add the .21XR-B piston/cylinder assembly, crank, and rod. Then you'll have a .21 XZ-B