Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Os 120 Surpass pumped stuck lifter

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Bone89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Os 120 Surpass pumped stuck lifter

I need some help. I have torn down my engine and discovered both lifters were stuck. I soaked it in fuel over night, one lifter freed up, but the second remains stuck. Any suggestions to free it up? Use a heat gun? Also can it be pushed into the camshaft cavity to remove it?
Thanks!

Last edited by Bone89; 12-18-2013 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 12-19-2013, 08:40 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Heat can help a stuck lifter, you can also soak in Anti-freeze overnight. Using it in a crock pot set to "Low" also works, but you can never use the crock pot again for food after that. You can push the lifter into the camshaft cavity when the cam's removed. Then, you just shake the lifter out of there.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Bone89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tonight I used a heat gun and as you said I was able to remove the stuck lifter. They both were pretty stuck what would you suggest to clean these lifters and the sleeves I removed them from? Thanks!
Old 12-20-2013, 07:46 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Some things like Dawn Power Dissolver can work on the accumulated oil residue. You can use a fine wire brush, 600-grit sandpaper rolled up, or an overnight soak in warm anti-freeze. If you use the anti-freeze method, you MUST have it in a well-ventilated area. It will emit toxic fumes when heated.