Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS GT15 Engine, looses power

Old 04-21-2019, 07:14 AM
rcpilot787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS GT15 Engine, looses power

Hello everyone:

I have installed a GT15 in my Hobbico 60 trainer. At the beginning, during initial tests, I experienced interference, until I moved the receiver and battery behind the servo tray.

Everything has been running great with several flights completed. Recently, I noticed the engine started loosing power. It starts great, idles fine, once I open the throttle, after about 10 seconds, the power drops. It "recovers" if I bring the throttle back to about "half power."
I replaced all fuel tubing and checked the tank.

Any ideas? Could it be the ignition? Battery to the ignition?

Thanks in advance,
Fabio
Old 05-07-2019, 08:46 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 175 Likes on 150 Posts

You are running it too lean.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:57 PM
sunfire5657
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default os gt 15 loses power

I had the same problem drove me nuts it didn't matter where the needles were set it would go lean in the air even if richened 2 turns on the main this is how I fixed mine take the pump off the backplate in between the pump and the backplate there is a short piece of tubing that goes to the backplate on one end to the pump onthe other end it sends pulses from the engine to the pump making the pump work if this tubing is a loose fit it won't run no matter where you set the needles because the pump is not operational
The following 2 users liked this post by sunfire5657:
bklambdin (05-04-2020), joe calogero (07-29-2023)