Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

os max .35 needle valve needed

Old 04-29-2002, 10:17 PM
eggsmartha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os max .35 needle valve needed

Hi. I have an old OS Max .35 BB RC engine, missing the needle valve. I bought the engine in the mid-seventies. Any ideas on where I could find a needle valve, what replacement might fit, or what modern carb I could use as a substitute? I know that it'll probably be cheaper just to buy a new engine, but this one's got sentimental value to me. Thanks.

- Erik
Old 04-30-2002, 06:44 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os max .35 needle valve needed

Hi Erik!
Those old engines which we know we have parts for are listed in the parts listings at:

http://www.osengines.com/parts/discontinued.html
http://www.supertigre.com/parts/index.html

If your engine is not listed here, we have little or no information available to assist you.

These gentlemen rebuild old motors and stock large quantities of older engine parts. Either of them may be able to assist you:

1) Preferred means of contact: PetesRC @ aol.com.
Pete's Hobbies
1814 Nelson SE
Grand Rapids MI 49507
Fax- 616-245-3106
Phone calls will be greeted with an answering machine. Please leave Name, Ph No. and, preferably, what you are looking for:
PH 616-243-9149
(Please note that there may be as much as a one week delay in response time due to extensive travel to shows, swap meets, and FLYING TIME! Lucky them! :-)

2) Model Airplane Engines- Antique to current, to use, to get out of production parts off of, or general purpose. 1200 Engines on My list - Buy- sell-Trade! send 33 cent stamp to get list or write to:
E-mail : [email protected]
Fax 24hours : 402-334-4173
Phone: WEEKENDS ONLY 402-334-8688 (messages returned on Sunday only!) No
calls before 9AM CSTor after 9PM CST

3) Gene Steinkamp
8773 Russet Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45239

4) PISTON RINGS ONLY:
For discontinued piston rings, try contacting Frank Bowman. He manufactures repro and current piston rings for our modeling needs. He can make standard and Dykes type rings. If he doesn't have the ring you need in stock, you send the piston and cylinder and he will make it then. prices are $7.50 up to $9.50. His work is of the finest quality.

Frank can be reached at [email protected] or 1-505-327-0696 ( 6pm to 9pm mst. weekdays) and the following address:
Frank Bowman
1211 N. Allen
Farmington, NM. 87401

5) Alternatively, you might try placing an ad on one of the internet lists such as rec.models.rc.***, www.rcuniverse.com and some of the many other r/c related sites to attempt to purchase the item which interests you.

6) You might try swap meets, club sales, estate sales that list hobby equipment, etc.