Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Parts for discontinued engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 10:38 PM
gramps98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts for discontinued engine

I have an OS Max .28F airplane engine (not the one with the helicopter head) with a broken needle valve assembly. The engine isn't manufactured anymore so I haven't been able to find a new needle valve assembly. Does anyone know where I can find this item? Is it possible that an assembly from another carb might work with this engine? Is it possible that a carb originally designed for a .25 or a .30 engine will work on this .28 engine?

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Gramps98

P.S. I do realize that just going out to buy a new engine would solve my delimma. I'm matching this engine up with a scratch built 20 size Das Lil Stik. It's a sentimental thing.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Parts for discontinued engine

We're sorry, but we'd have absolutely no parts for that engine any more. It's been out of production for so long that all parts have sold out, and even O.S. Max, in Japan, wouldn't have parts. You can try posting in the general Glow forum to see if anyone can help you. You could also measure the neck of the carburetor and see if other O.S. carbs have a similar size. A same-size carb should work out well.
Old 11-27-2003, 05:56 AM
gramps98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another subscriber suggested Tower Hobbies. I think I found the needle that I've been searching for. I ran across a web page that listed the OS Max part number for engine and Tower listed that part number. They had a picture of the item and it 'looks' like what I'm in need of.

Thanks to all to responded. Hope I can be of some help one day as well.

Gramps98
Old 11-28-2003, 04:50 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Gramps,

Glad you found it. Something like a needle or a bearing will be around for a number of years because O.S. can usually use them in other engines. Any parts specific to a particular engine usually won't be found too many years after production of an item has ceased.