Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

O.S. .61 MAX FSR Engine help

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 05:32 PM
D_shoopy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S. .61 MAX FSR Engine help

I need some help with a .61 FSR. I received two of these from some one that did not have any info on them. It looks like the .61 max FSR but the carb is a 7m. I need to know if you have any of the original docs that you can scan and send to me? also info on how the 7M carb works so I can set the idles and to end. The other problem I have is that I don't have mufflers for either of these. What type can fit on them? I could find a macs that fit with an adapter. Is this my only choice left to me? Last What type of plug will work in this, and props you recomend.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:16 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: O.S. .61 MAX FSR Engine help

The muffler you need is: OSMG2836 26625009 MUFFLER #744 50-61 $42.99

As far as the carb's concerned, we don't have any instructions in electronic format. If you contact [email protected] , you'll be able to get the cost of photocopying a set and the shipping charges.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:19 AM
Daniel-EL
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: O.S. .61 MAX FSR Engine help

Hey, Shoopy, the idle set on these is a little strange - it uses a cam-like affair which is adjusted by the idle screw on the side of the carb. There are two other screws there, but these just hold the cam keeper in place. Find the cam adj. screw and play with it a little and you can see how the idle needle is pushed in and out. Trial and error will get the idle correct - hope this helps.

Dan