Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 120 Surpass Non Pump add pump?

Old 08-02-2002, 02:57 PM
tonyc
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 120 Surpass Non Pump add pump?

I just finished the Cermark Pitts. The OS 120 is inverted and about 5 inches away from the tank. This is a reliable motor that has been mounted inverted before and ran fine.
When I pointed the plane stright up, it ran for a few seconds and then threw the prop. My conclusion is a lean setting. I tried a few more times and finally set the high end very rich. This seams to be OK but the RPM's are now about 1000 less than where I think they should be. My only conclusion is that the tank is too far back.
Would a Cline regulator solve this problem?

tonyc
Old 08-05-2002, 02:21 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default OS 120 Surpass Non Pump add pump?

We've not worked with the Cline regulator, so we can't comment from experience, but anything that will improve your fuel flow should work. With a high-pressure fuel feed, the regulator keeps the carb's response even through the throttle range.

We hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at this email address. (Please be sure to copy all previous emails into any future questions.)

DID YOU KNOW that our web pages now all contain FAQs? (Frequently asked questions) Please drop by and take a look! We hope you'll find the information helpful and valuable to you.

Sincerely,

Bill Baxter, Manager
Hobby Services
1610 Interstate Dr.
Champaign, IL 61822
USA

Phone: 217 398-0007
Fax: 217 398-7721
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.bestrc.com