Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 120 FS Series

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 09:52 AM
flymoor
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 120 FS Series

I have aquired an older 120 Four Stroke that appears to have been flown once or twice, but crashed. It turns over nicely and everything is in good working order except the cowl must have pushed against the pushrod covers and bent them one rod was not bent the other a little. also the intake manifold must have pushed against firewall and is crushed. I ordered an intake manifold and pushrod covers from tower for a 120 se and they were wrong. Thus I conclude my engine is older. The intake manifold is angled in opposite direction of the se, and the pushrod covers are a bit shorter and fatter. Also the intake manifold connector plate is larger than on my engine. My question is how can I determine which 120 FS I have, and what are the part numbers for the intake manifold and the pushrod covers. I can see no markings on engine to identify it. Are the parts still available or will I have to make up some. Thanks for help. If you have a telephone number perhaps I can call and tell you more clearly what I have and need.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:05 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS 120 FS Series

If your O.S. Max FS-120 has the two rocker covers, then parts for the FS-120 Surpass won't work. Parts for that older FS-120 are no longer available because that engine's been out of production for so long. It's no longer supported by O.S.

If you have any of the O.S. Max FS-120 Surpass engines, the pushrods and pushrod covers are the same for all versions. The pumped and non-pumped engines will have different intake manifolds and carbs. Even he FS-120 Surpass III uses the same pushrod covers and manifold as the other pumped FS-120 engines.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:14 PM
flymoor
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS 120 FS Series

Thanks Bill, do you know if there is any thing close for the intake pipe, or can you tell me if I cut out the bent section and use silcone tube of proper size, whether this would work. the push rods are very close to the same size as the surpass and the pushrod covers I can probably straighten. It is the two cover head. Being as the engine has hardly any use I feel it is worth fixing.

Rich