Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

FS 120 two covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 02:43 PM
flymoor
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS 120 two covers

Bill I am not sure I need a new post or whether you will see the reply I made, rather new to posting, anyway this is also what I wrote in reply:

Thanks Bill, do you know if there is any thing close for the intake pipe, or can you tell me if I cut out the bent section and use silcone tube of proper size, whether this would work. the push rods are very close to the same size as the surpass and the pushrod covers I can probably straighten. It is the two cover head. Being as the engine has hardly any use I feel it is worth fixing.

Rich
Old 09-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: FS 120 two covers

For your old O.S. Max FS-120, there are NO O.S. parts, other than some bearings, that would work. All parts that were specific to the enigne have long been discontinues.

You can straighten dents in the pushrod tubes by forcing ball bearings down. Start with small ones and work up to ones that are the size of the inside of the tube, or close. You can also use steel shot. That's how they take the dents out of trumpets and trombones.

As far as the intake manifold is concerned, you can only try the alterations you suggest. We'd not be able to guess how they'd work.

Finally, yes, we'd usually notice replies to existing threads, so you don't have to make new ones. In this case, we'll ignore the other thread.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:43 PM
flymoor
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FS 120 two covers

Bill thanks for the info and your quick reply. Rich