Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS .46fx help....

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 11:22 PM
SVTCobra
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .46fx help....

Hey:

I have a OS .46FX that I pile drove into the ground the other day........... Where the carb goes into the circlular hole....the circular hole broke into 3 neat little pieces. Now my question........ would JB WELD work to fix this, or am I going to have to buy a new crankcase?? If i used JB WELD as a temporary fix untill i can afford a crankcase, will the engine operate as if it never had the crack. I can't afford a new crankcase right now, and I can't find anyone with a used crankcase or a used OS .46FX for that matter.......... So JB WELD seems like a good fix for now........ What do you think??? Thanks
Old 09-16-2002, 07:46 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Cobra,

While it's certainly not an ideal solution, you may get it to work. In the past, many R/C car users put larger carbs on their .21-size engines and had to use JB Weld to hold them on.

If you're going to do this, remember that you'll wind up with a carb that's permanently-attached to the rest of the engine, so you'll have to get at least a new carb body if you eventually replace the case.

If you do use JB Weld, make sure all of the parts are scrupulouly-clean and oil-free, otherwise you'll see the carb part company with the engine.

bax
Old 09-16-2002, 09:15 PM
toyking23
My Feedback: (4)

Cobra, I broke one also, and I have JB welded the neck, fortunately no pieces broke off. Will it work, not sure, I haven't finished building the replacement plane yet, but I have my fingers crossed.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:30 PM
KCFlyBoy
My Feedback: (12)

So long as everything is sealed no air getting through it will work fine. If it is working fine there is nothing to fix. Just a thought. KCFlyBoy