Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

FS70 Ultimate Pump assembly...need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 12:32 AM
macchiaus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS70 Ultimate Pump assembly...need help

Hi Folks, I damaged my FS 70 in a crash and was forced to remove the pump so the backplate could be repaired. Now I can' get the pump to work. Does anyone have details of the assembly sequence / orientation? It seems simple but I must be doing something wrong. Appreciate your help

Cheers.......Macchiaus
Old 03-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: FS70 Ultimate Pump assembly...need help

Once you've disassembled the pump on the rear cover of the O.S. Max FS-70 Ultimate, it's toast. It can only be properly-done by the O.S. factory. There are no assembly/repair instructions/parts available for it at all. You'll have to get a new one. Sorry.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:23 AM
macchiaus

Hi Bax,
Thanks for your response. I know the OS book says don't disassemble the pump but having done so I can only say that whilst it contains a few small parts it seem s very straight forward. Because there is no going back I have persisted and now have the motor running again. By the way it won't run unless the pump is working! (I have certainly proved that point)

I'm not certain that I have it 100% correct but I will be testing it further over the next few days. Incidentally the Japanese instructions which were supplied when I bought the engine in Japan does show the pump assembly as a separate item.

Thanks again for your interest and your response.

Macchiaus
Old 08-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Airbolt

Can you tell me what you did in re-assembly . I have just done the same thing but have not run the engine yet as I have to get a new carb and I am now waiting and waiting!!