Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 32 F Helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 02:16 AM
MRFLYBAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 32 F Helicopter

I have been using this engine for almost a year now. I got this used but in great condition. Lately, I've been having a problem with the low idle where it get to a point that I have to take the fuel tubing off just to kill the engine. I've tried to adjust this through mechanical (linkage) but it seem there was no happy medium. I can't set the low end any lower or else it will not start at all. I don't have any problem with the high end, in short the engine is still reliable.
Can someone help on this, I'd like to keep this rather than to buy a new one.
Old 09-17-2002, 02:44 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mrflybar,

Can you adjust the throttle stopper screw so that you can close the throttle barrel with low trim once the engine's at idle? This is how it's usually done (I know, I'm probably not telling you something you already don'e know).

If you're already doing that, then it's possible that wear over time has loosened up the fit of the throttle barrel and carb body enough so that it leaks air when you try to shut the engine down.

Helis, because they spend so much time close to the ground, are prone to having their engines damaged by dirt. Even flying over a grassy area can pull a surprising amount of dirt into the engine. Dirt is a dandy abrasive, and will accelerate wear in all areas of the engine. In your case, the wear seems to have hit the carburetor first.

Your only solution may be a new carb body. Because the throttle barrel would be steel, the aluminum carb body would tend to wear out first.

We hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at this email address. (Please be sure to copy all previous emails into any future questions.)

DID YOU KNOW that our web pages now all contain FAQs? (Frequently asked questions) Please drop by and take a look! We hope you'll find the information helpful and valuable to you.

Sincerely,

Bill Baxter, Manager
Hobby Services
1610 Interstate Dr.
Champaign, IL 61822
USA

Phone: 217 398-0007
Fax: 217 398-7721
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.bestrc.com
Old 09-18-2002, 02:50 AM
MRFLYBAR

I know that this engine is fairly old, can I still buy a carb for this engine? If not, can you recommend a replacement that will work with this engine. I appreciate your advise and thank you very much.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:21 AM
funflyer99

Default carb

The OS 32 uses a 3H carb which is still available but costs over $50.00. You might be better off waiting for one on EBAY or even in the swap shop on this site. FYI the OS 32 heli engine and airplane engine use the 3H carb. The only difference is the throttle arm which you could use from your old carb. Tower hobbies has the carb if you can't wait. Use part # LXBZ98 on their site. www.towerhobbies.com

Todd.

P.S. I just found the carb body on their site, it is #LXCD98 and it is only $21.49
Old 09-24-2002, 10:01 AM
MRFLYBAR

Default OS 32F H

Thanks for the info, I checked out the site and I'll just get the carb.