Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS Max .61 FSR ABC

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 02:07 PM
rayb
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS Max .61 FSR ABC

I'm afraid I have badly mistreated this engine and it deserves better. I have had this engine since 1986 but it only first saw fuel in late 2002. I used the engine often til the fall of 2003 and then I just put the airplane away without any storage prep for the engine other than covering it with a rag. The engine probably has about 1 1/2 gallons through it.
I took the plane out yesterday with the idea of replacing the engine with another and the OS does not turn over right. My starter won't turn it over. It is very stiff near TDC.
Can you repair the engine if I send it in or are parts not available?
Thanks.
Ray
Old 04-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS Max .61 FSR ABC

Wer're sorry, but we'd possibly have only bearings to fit your old O.S. Max .61 FSR. No other parts for that engine would be available from us or from O.S., in Japan. It's been out of production for too long. As a result, we usually won't accept engines that old for service.