Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

How Many Throttle Lever Set Screws ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Crazy Legs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How Many Throttle Lever Set Screws ?

I have just cleaned an older OS four stroke engine and partially disassembled it so I could un-gum some of the parts. The engine is a model OS FS 91S and after cleaning it, I relaized that there are two holes in the Throttle Lever ring, which is part of Thottle Lever #4BK 4C, Catalog number: OSMG9024, Part Number: 24981405. I only found one screw in one of the holes though; the other hole doesn't have a screw in it any more, or never had a screw in it. The carbourator top level part number is 45981000, and although the parts list for the carbourator is listed on OS's web site, there doesn't seem to be any explode view. So I can't tell how many set screws were originally installed.
If I should have 2 set screws in the Throttle Lever ring, then please let me know. Also, let me know if I can order a screw if I need one more to reliably hold the throttle Lever on the carbourator throttle shaft.

Thank you for your support
Mike D'Amico,
Palm Bay, Florida
Old 04-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: How Many Throttle Lever Set Screws ?

There are two holes in the throttle lever, but only one set screw. That's so that you can use whichever hole is convenient to get to when you mount your engine and change the position of the throttle lever.

Here are the stock numbers and list prices of the parts you asked about:

OSMG8852 26381501 SET SCREW #2D/#4BK-5B $1.99

These parts can be ordered through any hobby retailer who sells O.S. Max engines and accessories.

Bill Baxter, Manager
Hobby Services/Futaba Service
3002 N. Apollo Dr. Ste. 1
Champaign, IL 61822
USA
Service Phone: 217 398-0007
Email: hobbyservices (at) hobbico.com