Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS FS 70 SURPASS CARB ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 10:34 AM
P-40LUVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS FS 70 SURPASS CARB ?

My older OS 70 was not getting the RPM's it should,5800-6400 and I took the carb off and the intake pipe,looking into the carb on the intake side I see a split or opening in the spray bar(brass tube under the high speed needle,smaller of the 2) is this normal and if not how do I get the spray bar out and replaced?
I think the brass tube that has a split is also reffered to as the "fuel nozzel".
Thanks
This engine is the 38000 model with carb #OSMG2526
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94894.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	264212  
Old 05-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS FS 70 SURPASS CARB ?

The opening is normal. It's the fuel passage. The idle mixture adjusment is a tube that slips over the tube you see in the picture. That tube is in the throttle rotor.

You cannot remove the brass spraybar from the carburetor body...it's built in. If the tube's been deformed, you'll have to purchase a new carb body.

Your note didn't say what propeller you're using. Are the valves adjusted properly?