Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS-52 four stroke

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 01:53 AM
whisperliner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS-52 four stroke

Would like to know what size 3 blade prop. could be used on a OS 52 four stroke. I have all the sizes of 2 blade prop. reccommended by OS but don't know what the equivelent 3 blade would be. Any help would be appreciated. You can email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks,

Bob Deliere
Old 10-16-2002, 01:24 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default OS-52 four stroke

whisperliner,

We really don't have a 3-blade prop recommendation. We run all of the engines we test with 2-blade APC props. They are consistenly well-made and give us reliable results. We prop the O.S. Max FS-52 Surpass engine to run in the high-9,000's to low 10,000's. With an APC 11x8 we expect around 10,200 or so.

Any propeller that will allow the engine to run at the suggested RPM range when peaked, and also fly your plane the way you want it to fly, is the correct propeller.

You may not find a 3-blade prop that will allow the engine to run in a range that will make the model perform the way you want it to. There aren't as many different kinds made, and the 3-blade prop isn't as efficient as a 2-blade. You might try a 10x7 or 10x6 3-blade, depending upon the manufacturer.