Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

cv-r series needle settings

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 07:06 PM
gtmike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cv-r series needle settings

my first os was a 12cv-rx. now i just recieved my nice new 18cv-rx. GREAT engines. the only reason i'm upgrading (god knows there's nothing wrong with the power department) is because at an uncontrolled 50,000rpm, the conn rod broke the piston. i put a new conn rod in for 13 bucks and the engine runs great....?!? but i'm a person who needs things perfect, and instead of replacing the piston on a working, POWERFUL engine, i'll spend the extra 20 bucks and have 2 great engines.
sorry, alittle off topic. my point was, in both manuals, the mixture control valve settings contradict themselves. for the 12, the text says in 2.5 turns from flush and the picture says 0.5. for the 18, the text says 1.5 turns in and the picture says 0.5. is the pic right in each case?
just curious.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: cv-r series needle settings

We usually set the engines so that there's about a 2mm gap or so between the needle and the nozzle when we look into the carb at full throttle. Always go with the richer setting. If you have to leave the battery clipped to the engine while you drive it a bit so that the engine won't quit, then do so. Once the high-speed needle's getting close, you can then start getting the low-speed adjusted. Just don't get too enthusiastic while driving with the battery still on so that you don't launch it into the weeds!
Old 07-28-2005, 07:09 PM
gtmike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cv-r series needle settings

2mm at full throttle. thanx