Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 70 Ultimate Regulator Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Nickolas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 70 Ultimate Regulator Issues

Hi Bax,

Problems problems with my Ultimate 70...

1st Question

Is it common the regulator to be leaking? I installed the engine on a new plane and the regulator was in touch with the engine plastic mount, it shouldn't have been but I did not notice [:@]. After operating the engine for some minutes I noiticed fuel leak coming out from the nipple screw connecting the carb with the pump through the fuel tube. I stopped the engine and removed it, the nipple screw was a bit loose. Now I'm not very sure whether the leak was coming from the regulator due to vibration with engine mount or the nipple or may be the carb. The regulator seems ok externally but I'm not very sure if it is leak free. How can I check that?

2nd Question

If the regulator is leaking due surface imperfections between the metals and the plastic sandwiched, is it possble to put some cyano or some special glue to stop leakage? Would you recommend to remove the regulator screws and place some kind of glue or silicon?

Looking forward to your reply,

Nick

Old 10-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS 70 Ultimate Regulator Issues

The regulator should not leak. Depending upon the location of the leak, a sealer may or may not help. Usually, they leak because the regulator diaphragm has become pierced or is not sealing properly. We really don't know of a way for the modeler to repair the unit. We replace them and return bad ones to the O.S. factory.