Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS warranty and fuel Q.

Old 11-01-2002, 01:21 PM
LooneyTunes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS warranty and fuel Q.

I just received my new OS 12 CV-R engine. Sweeeet!
Now I have a couple of questions. On their website Tower states that since the 12 CV-R is a racing engine, there is no warranty. With my engine came a leaflet stating that there is a 2 year warranty on this engine. Who is correct?

Next the fuel question. The manual states that I need to use 18% oil at a minimum. Most car fuels I know of have 14% or less. But I have some 10% nitro 18% oil Wildcat Premium Extra sitting around. I don't see a reason not to use airplane fuel. Can I safely use this fuel? Or does car fuel have something that airplane fuel does not?

Thank you in advance.
Old 11-01-2002, 05:33 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default OS warranty and fuel Q.

Lonney Tunes,

The O.S. Max .12 CV-R engine does, indeed, come with no warranty. It's stated so in the instruction booklet. O.S. puts the service department flyer in all engines so you have the address of the service center.

Any fuel with at least 18% oil content is fine. Many times, the differences between fuels is the label. A fuel with 18% oil content is fine, regardless of whether it says "airplane", "heli", "car", or "boat", on the label.