Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

O.S. 91fx

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 10:55 PM
TOYCANNON
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S. 91fx

After following "Break-In" instructions. I mounted this engine on a Great Planes Extra 300S with a Cowling. Therefore I removed the stock muffler and replaced it with a Slimline Pitts. The motor then began running hot, and only at approximately 5 1/2 turns out did it run at all. After contacting Hobby Services was instructed to send it in which I did. I just now put it back on a engine stand with stock muffler and it ran great. My question is while on the stand I changed back to the Slimline and it instantly started running hot even at 4 turns out. I need some type of solution to the cowling issue. I did notice that the Brisson style has smaller chambers and exits, is the Pitts style muffler changing the amount of pressure in the tank? I'm open to suggestions! I'm also thankful to Hobby Services for correcting the needle valve problem the engine runs strong.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:44 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default O.S. 91fx

Toycannon,

Most likely, the afatermarket exhaust system's just not getting enough pressure to the fuel tank to help the engine draw fuel. You can try going to larger fuel tubing, inside and out of the tank, and drilling out the clunk and all fuel lines in the tank. This may help make the fuel flow more easily.

You could also try paratially or fully blocking one of the exhaust outlets of your exhaust system to boost pressure to the tank.

If the engine runs well with the stock muffler, then the after-market exhaust system's almost certainly not getting pressure to the tank.