Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS. FX 1.60

Old 03-04-2006, 11:03 AM
clemrick
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS. FX 1.60

I need to know what type fuel I should use in my 1.60. I am currently using Omega 15% with castor and synthetic blend. I'm not sure without looking at the jug as to percentages, but I also use it in my OS 91 surpass. I had a mishap with my 300ex because my 160 died on a turn around resulting from a short landing. I was wondering if I should be using a little cooler fuel. I am turning a 18/8 Zinger prop and it pulls quite well with this. Also having some trouble with low to high throttle transition ,but after reading some of your posts on this problem I think I may be able to work it out. I am using a Brisson Pitts style muffler. Could I be having some fuel pressure issues with this muffler and if so what would you reccomend doing to correct this problem? I have flown the plane once as fall came too quickly and I had to make some repairs on the plane.

Thanks for your help
Chuck L.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS. FX 1.60

The O.S. Max 1.60 FX and use fuels with a nitro content of 0% to 15% with little problems. If you have a good-quality fuel that is fresh, your operating problems were not the fuel, but most likely in delivery to the engine.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Lowlevlflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS. FX 1.60

Dont think your problem is pressure related because of the muffler. I'm running the same Bisson Pitts muffler on my OS 1.60FX, and the pressure is fine.