Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

o.s. 1.60 four stroke

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 07:53 PM
CRAZYRYAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o.s. 1.60 four stroke

i have this engine and when i changed props from a 17 to a 18/6 i tightened the prop shaft then the safety shaft put back on the spinner and noticed a slight hair movement back and forth when i take my hand at the tip of the prop to see if it has any play wich it does is this normal? did i tighten too much on the propshaft? can u break something inside the prop shaft housing if tighten too much? im worried with this much play it can develop too much heat in the cylinders wearing out the engine sooner although before i changed out the origninal prop and idiot of mei had the prop vertical the plane was resting on concrete pavement i picked up the plane from the tail to drag it back to the vehicle and busted the tip of the prop do you think that could have caused something to break inside the shaft housing?
Old 05-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: o.s. 1.60 four stroke

How much fore-and-aft movement of the propeller tip are you seeing? A small amount is normal. If it's barely noticeable, it's nothing to worry about. Remember, it's 9" out from the hub, and any movement is amplified.

Dragging the prop across the pavement won't cause damage. It's likely just normal bearing wear.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:09 PM
CRAZYRYAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: o.s. 1.60 four stroke

ok thanks