Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Is Wildcat 15% good for the .18cv-rx

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 12:39 AM
Nitrofever3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Wildcat 15% good for the .18cv-rx

I keep getting high temps since i changed fuels from red alert to the recent wildcat that my hobby shop recomended??? My settings went from 220-230 to 250-270 with neddle setting red alert 1 1/4-1 1/2 to wildcat 2 1/4-2 1/2.To me it seems like i should stop using this fuel and go back to my red alert.I did change my glow plug from the #8 to the A5 to bring the temp down that didnt help and recent put the .1mm gasket but havent yet decided to run it since i dont want to ruin my motor due to the gas and void my warranty.I only ran like maybe 4-5 tanks of the wildcat. Thanks in advance
Old 05-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Is Wildcat 15% good for the .18cv-rx

How is the engine running with the fuel? When you have it set to rich of peak RPM is the engine running and responding well? Does it come up to full throttle and hold without sagging, even near the end of a tank?

If the engine's running well, then your temps are OK. You CANNOT use temperatures to determine if you're engine's tuned correctly. You tune the engine correctly and then find out what temperature you're running at. Only then can you use the temperature to see if something's changed, but you should NEVER use temperature to tune your engine. Tune it and then see what you get.

When you change fuels, change gear ratios, change tire diameters, and so on, your engine temps will change. That's normal because you've changed several operating parameters as a result.

Again, if the engine is running correctly and rich of peak RPM, then whatever temperature you measure is correct. We've found that too many people put too much reliance on setting an engine by temperature. This leads to a large number of engines with a shortened operational life. Racers use temps a lot, but they also only need the engine to last the racing weekend.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Nitrofever3D

It run really rich compared to before lots of smoke,bogs and the response is really slow
Old 06-06-2006, 11:33 AM
dperkins8694

I was using top fuel w/my .18tz on my rustler, switched to Wildcat and the temp did go up. Just tune for performance. I tuned mine for performance and then took a temp reading. The temps where around 260-270. Just make sure you have blue smoke and you will be alright. Really like the wildcat fuel and the added oil will give more lubrication, which is always good for the internal parts. Now I just need to figure out a better way of keeping the front end down, lol. Good luck, OS=POWER!