Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

.18 os tm heating too quickly HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 01:17 AM
marcmt88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .18 os tm heating too quickly HELP!

I have just installed a new os tm engine on my Revo 3.3 and in the process of heat cycle break-in. I ran the engine (on my 8th tank) around 200-220 F but it only takes less than a minute to reach this temperature. I was expecting to run about 3 to 4 minutes by now before it gets to this temp. Am I doing something wrong here? I even tried to rich up the needle but to no avail. Thanks for your inputs.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: .18 os tm heating too quickly HELP!

How is the engine running? If it's running correctly, then just ignore the temperture. We don't use temperature at all to run our engines. We listen to them and observe their performance. We've found the over-reliance on engine temps actually shortens the life of the engine because temperatures are too unreliable. You'll wind up too lean or too rich and never get a good setting.

If the engine's running well and is running rich of the peak RPM setting, then accept whatever temp you get. Use it only as a guide to how the engine's doing, but not as a goal. Any number someone else gives you is automatically WRONG! You use what YOU get for your setup. Temps will change with the weather, with the fuel, with changes in tires, gears, and so on. Any number I give you would not be helpful at all. Just run your engine and see how it goes.