Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

.12 CZ-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 12:18 AM
The_Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .12 CZ-R

I replaced the piston and sleeve in one of my CZ-R's with the Duratrax ABC set, as they work well in my CV's. After I had it back together and got it started, I immediatedly noticed how poorly it ran with very limited RPMs. I Checked my reassembly twice, then a third time, tried 3 different carbs, with no improvement. It could idle (very roughly), and if the throttle was moved beyond that, it reved a little and fell flat on its face, even wide open.

I sent the CZ to Hobby services, they honored the Duratrax warrenty, and sent it back with stock parts installed. Excellent service, CZ ran like it should. When receiving the engine, they had typed on the paper expaining that the Duratrax set does not work properly with some CZ engines. I have another CZ-R that needs new insides, and I don't see anything out of the ordinary, just your average CZ (I know for sure that it isn't a .12Z). Are there any indications on the engine that will tell me weather or not the aftermarket parts will work? I would like to use the ABC parts if possible.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: .12 CZ-R

We'd not know who wrote the copy, but a piston/liner set for an O.S. .12 CV-R will NOT work in a .12 CZ-R. They are quite different. We'll have to check with the DuraTrax people to see about it, but you don't want that part for a .12 CZ-R engine.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:43 PM
The_Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .12 CZ-R

Bax,
[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWU86&P=7]HERE[/link] is the link for the Duratrax part. They claim for it to work in CZ block...and the .12Z? I'm just noticing that now, thinking that this is our answer-- the info is just wrong...
When in doubt, go with OEM, right?