Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Can I convert my .15 CV-X recoil to electric start

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 03:57 PM
MrN8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I convert my .15 CV-X recoil to electric start

I'm wondering if it's possible to put an electric starter on my OS .15 CV-x w/recoil starter. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Can I convert my .15 CV-X recoil to electric start

Yes, but you need the kind that can adapt to the start shaft that normally goes into the recoil units. They are all made by 3rd-party makers, so you'll have to check their info to see which ones will specifically work with your engine.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:20 PM
BeenThere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can I convert my .15 CV-X recoil to electric start

I've done that with all my pull start engines including a 15 CV-X.
I pulled the pull start off the back to expose the starter shaft. I then took the one-way bearing out and wrapped a couple of layers of vinyl tape arround it and stuffed it into socket from a standard socket set (9/16th I think). I stick that on an adapter and then on to a 12v cordless drill. To use, I just press the bearing onto the shaft and pull the trigger. The tape keeps the one-way bearing in the socket when I pull it away. Works great...
Just make sure you are careful to spin it in the right direction and you use a drill that is not too powerful. 12v Black and Decker seems about right.