Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS FS 120E Pressure question

Old 08-27-2006, 06:09 AM
Will B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS FS 120E Pressure question

Hi , wonder if anyone can clear this up.

I have an OS FS 120 E and have it installed in a YT Adrenaline 1.20.

On the engine crankcase is a pressure nipple. If I turn the crank it outputs pressure.

My questions regarding the pressure line plumbing are as follows..

1) Is the pressure nipple on the crankcase supposed to be plumbed into the tank as an additional pressure feed to the to the tank? My idea is that the muffler and crack case pressure lines would be "Teed" together with a T fitting thus routing both pressure sources to the tank.

2) Or is the crank case pressure nipple there so that either muffler or crankcase pressure can be used, and the unused pressure source is supposed to be blanked off.

3) Or is it a nipple so that you can run after run oil into the engine or something??

The manual mentions nothing about this nipple that I can see, nor are there any plumbing diagrams.

Any help appreciated

Old 08-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS FS 120E Pressure question

The nipple on the crankcase of a four-stroke engine is a vent. Just run a piece of tubing overboard. It's so you can let excess oil drain from the crank, and so the crankcase can 'breathe' as the piston goes up and down. Also use it as a port to put in after-run oil at the end of the day.

You'd not use the case for pressure, it's not a particularly-good pump, and you MUST vent it to the outside so that the excess oil can be drained.

Use muffler pressure if you must pressurize the fuel system.