Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

FS 120 Surpass

Old 09-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Mike Baldwin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS 120 Surpass

I have a FS 120 surpass I motor I got used. I replaced the bearings and cleaned up the motor. Im now trying to get it to run decent and I'm at a loss. I can get the motor running and get it up to speed, but the needle is real sensitive one click leaner and it dies, 1/5 turn richer and it bogs and dies, throtle down and it dies, remove the glow driver and it dies. Im useing 10 % nitro, with a 16-6 APC witht he engine mounted on the bench, tank stopper of the tank even with the carb. Even at full power it doesnt seem to make that much power. I could use the starting point for all the settings. Any ideas would be helpfull.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: FS 120 Surpass

The O.S. FS-120 Surpass I, with pump is pretty easy to get started and set up. Start out with the high-speed needle no more than 1-1/4 turns open. More than that, and the engine will be just too rich. The idle mixture should be in the center of its adjustment range...it only has 180 degrees of adjustment. Use an O.S. Type F glow plug. Your propeller is OK.

Choke it with the throttle opened to full until you see some fuel spitting out the exhaust (if you have the muffler off), or you hear it getting very "juicy". Add the glow plug battery and either use a starter or fllp it backwards against compression to start.

Once it starts, you'll want to advance the throttle to full, keep the battery on the glow plug. Once the engine's at full throttle, You can remove the plug battery and you can begin to lean it. If the engine's broken-in, you can lean it right out. Please see our FAQ on adjusting pumped engines:

http://www.osengines.com/faq/faq-pumped.html
Old 11-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Leadfoot-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this same engine (with the pump), but no manual for it. If one is still available, I would appreciate a copy if it. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Old 11-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sent