Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 25 fx question

Old 10-14-2006, 07:56 PM
CougarAloft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 25 fx question

Hi,

Any ideas? I have an OS 25 fx that runs great at full speed, but it's really mushy in the low and midrange. Hard to explain what I mean. I have it on a Combat Corsair and at full throttle it runs and sounds awesome. but I often just wanna fly it at half speed, but the engine just sounds kinda rough. Do I need to mess with the low speed needle?

This engine has fairly little time on it - it's like new, but it has been sitting around for a couple of years and only resurrected in the last several weeks.

TIA for any help!
Old 10-16-2006, 01:18 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS 25 fx question

Start out with a very-rich low-speed mixture setting. Get the top-end set correctly, then lean the low-speed setting as you retard the throttle. Below 1/2 throttle, you should see it have an effect. The idle mixture plays a great deal in getting the acceleration and midrange set correctly.