Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

120 4/C W/Pump quits when glow clip removed

Old 11-10-2006, 06:11 PM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 120 4/C W/Pump quits when glow clip removed

Thats about it just replaced the plug with a new OS type F started it seemed to run fine. Went to start it later in the day before putting the cowl back and the 1204/C started right up even W/the 'glow driver turned way down( it's a Hangar 9 power panel if that matters) Anny way the FS 120 started right up I let it warm up checked the needle and throttle transition all OK disconnect the glow driver or Ni Starter and it QUITS [:@]
Old 11-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 120 4/C W/Pump quits when glow clip removed

If an engine quits as soon as you remove the glow plug battery, then either the plug's bad or the mixture's 'way, 'way off. You'll have to check the settings. Also examine the plug. It's possible that the plug was a bad one from the start.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:25 PM
ramcfarland

Thanks Bill will keep you posted I think I was using a glow driver that was 'damaging'the type F plugs used a Ni starter 1.2 volts and engine runs waiting on new flex exhaust from Tower as the original broke so had to D/C trying to starting the engine
Old 11-16-2006, 11:00 AM
ramcfarland

Bill the engine is running again though it seems to run on the 'rich side'even after it has been warmed up a minute or so and then adjust the H.S. needle valve . Speaking of VALVES I have never adjusted them and I'm origional owner could this be a potential problem and last whats the going rate for such service by you folks[8D]
Old 11-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Adjusting the valves is an easy process for the modeler, and usually considered part of the maintenace the modeler would do. However, if you want us to check the engine out, and then test it, it would likely cost about $30.00 in labor if no parts or other repairs are needed.

Here's our FAQ on adjusting a pumped engine: http://www.osengines.com/faq/faq-pumped.html

Old 11-16-2006, 12:14 PM
ramcfarland

Thank you Bill much appreciated.