Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

46 FX bearings ???

Old 11-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Dana54
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46 FX bearings ???

I purchased three new 46FX engines and have been extremely dissappointed with the bearings. All have extreme bearing noise. One has five flights, one about 10 and the other about 15 flights. They all have been used with 10% Cool power on the rich side. All stored in an air condtioned house. One with after run oil. I have many engines and these are the only ones that I have any problems with. I fly with two mechanical engineers and both are having the same problem. One uses a castor blend ,the other all synthetic lub. What is a reasonable solution and will OS help with this problem? Thanks for you thoughts.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 46 FX bearings ???

We'd have to see the engines. Usually, though, bearing noise means the bearings are getting worn out. Corrosion is the main culprit. You'll have to pull the rear covers and see what's going on. If you believe this is a warranty situation, then the engines need to be sent to us for coverage.