Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Frustrated by lack of parts for O.S. FS-120 III

Old 11-15-2006, 07:17 PM
rocky7390
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated by lack of parts for O.S. FS-120 III

I have an FS-120 III with pump and about 150.00 in parts are needed. The camshaft shed its plating and small pieces wedged in several places causing considerable damage. First off, does O.S. has some sort of trade-in policy? Second, question is how can O.S. distributors not be able to provide the parts that I need to fix this engine. Most parts are available but the camshaft that caused the problem is back ordered with absolutely no date of availability. I've been checking for at least a month now with no luck. There must be thousands of these engines in use and not a single camshaft in the country? How long do they expect me to wait?

Rocky
Old 11-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Frustrated by lack of parts for O.S. FS-120 III

Camshafts are ordered when a person or retailer actually places an order for the item. The use is so low that the part is not constantly stocked, but ordered when needed. It can then be sent to us by O.S. within a short time via EMS.

Many, many very low-use parts are made available that way.