Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

os 52 surpass

Old 11-18-2006, 06:57 AM
riadh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default os 52 surpass

i have purchased a new os 52 4 stroke and run in the engine as per the instruction manual ;full throttle rotating needle valve to reach peak rpm for few seconds and back off needle valve for rich running for few seconds and so on for full tank.in doing so i was using a tacho meter for peak run(10300)12/6 back to 8500 rpm and so on.in your answers ,you suggest rich run,1/2 throttle for a tank or two.now this is different to instructions.have i damaged my engine?and i am experiencing minor fluctuation in rpm at high end say some 300 -500back and forth. any suggestions. thanks
Old 11-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: os 52 surpass

We'd not know where you got the idea that we recommend running at 1/2 throttle, unless it's in the O.S. instructions. Did we actually say run it at 1/2-throttle for a tank or two? Do you have the link? I'd like to see the context.

We always use full throttle to break in an engine. We just start out with the four-stroke engine running extremely rich and lean from there as we go. We use the rich-lean-rich-lean technique and gradually work towards peak RPM. A lot of running at low RPM will not break in an engine.