Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Muffler for old PET OS 0.99?

Old 12-03-2006, 11:53 PM
TomL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler for old PET OS 0.99?

I have an ancient PET OS 0.99 RC motor that I would like to find a muffler for. This thing has to be 30-40 years old and didn't come with a muffler when I got it back in the 70s. There isn't any tapped holes at the exhast port so if there was a muffler it would be a strap-on.

Edit: after finding a timeline for OS engines, this is a 1971 Pet III RC engine. It looks like it came with a muffler at one time. Looks like it was attached with some sort of spring/strap-on.

Thanks,
TomL
Old 12-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Muffler for old PET OS 0.99?

The muffler for your engine is no longer available from O.S. or us. The engine and muffler have been out of production for too long. The only way you'd be able to locate a muffler would be through the RCU Marketplace (with a 'wanted' ad), or by looking through different internet auction sites. You may be able to locate a muffler from one of the retailers who specialize in parts for discontinued engines. They tend to advertise in small ads in the model magazines, or in the classified sections of those magazines.