Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Question about carb for 61 FX

Old 12-10-2006, 07:51 AM
suitcase
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about carb for 61 FX

Well I believe I got cheated on my last Ebay purchase, a OS 61FX used. It looked in good shape and I finally got it mounted on a new plane and it wouldn't run right. Looking in the carb I could see the low speed needle bent. So I took the carb off and thought, it looks like the carb on my 46FX. I checked and it was, a 40B. So I thouht, great, I'll use it till I get another for the 46. But this morning I checked Tower for price and found that the 61 comes with the 60C carb and it says use that carb on any other engine and you're on your own. So my question is this, did the person have the 40B on the 61FX because it runs better with it or the 60B is hard to get tuned correctly, or worse, they just sold me the engine with a bad carb to dump it.

I'll get the carb but at $50 bucks I'll have spent what a new 61 FX would have cost me anyway. The moral of this story is, don't buy from someone you don't know. My son-in-law got cheated out of $180 on RCU Buy and Sell and I should have listened to him.[&o]