Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Carb for 1.60FX

Old 12-16-2006, 05:11 PM
kenhiraihnl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb for 1.60FX

Firstly, I'd like to comment that my 1.60FX in Giant Super Sportster is finally running great...it used to quit at mid-range (40% throttle) in the air and on the ground because it was basically too rich...after adjusting the mixture and hi-speed needle, i'm able to practice the IMAC sequence and land with power--without a pump or large fuel tubing in the tank...

I notice that the 1.60FX and .91FX share the same #60F carb...i'm considering ordering a 120AX carb to eliminate the remote needle and potential problems associated with that setup...I also notice that the #7D carb for .91FSR and 1.08FSR has a 11mm bore versus the 9.5mm bore of the #60F carb...

I'm wondering if I'd improve performance by using the 120AX carb or the #7D carb with the 1.60FX?

Edit: Bax...My question is more for curiosity than necessity...I have absolutely no problems with my setup--Giant Super Sportster with stock tank, 18x6 SuperM, medium fuel tubing (large between needle and carb), 10% Powermaster (18% syn/castor) with 4oz extra castor, OS#8 (going to try A5)...I'm also going to try a one-way valve between the stock muffler and tank...The OS 1.60FX is a great engine, with proper break-in, lubrication, and tuning...
Old 12-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Carb for 1.60FX

We have no information on using the carb from the 1.20 AX on any other engine.