Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Extending the shaft of a FS120

Old 01-03-2007, 08:49 PM
forestroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extending the shaft of a FS120

I have a FEMA starting system that I would like to use with a FS120 and a Spinner. Right now with the FEMA one way gear and the prop installed, I hardly have enough threads on the shaft to secure on nut let along double locking nuts and a spinner. I would need a 1/2 inch more in order to accommodate a spinner and ensure that the locking nuts are completely on. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Extending the shaft of a FS120

We'd not have any kind of extension or way to make a crankshaft longer to fit your proposed use. Fox makes crankshaft extensions, but not one that will fit the FS-120. They are basically spools that have a long, hollow bolt to grip the existing crankshaft threads. The long, hollow bolt retains the propeller and prop washer and other accessories. I'd have no idea if your proposed use would work with such a device.

Here's what the 1/4-28 one looks like. It may not be too difficult to fabricate one. Maybe the manufacturer has some of the larger sizes available.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...L=++&search=Go
Old 01-09-2007, 12:08 AM
forestroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extending the shaft of a FS120

thanks, bax. problem is that it will not ensure the prop doesn't kick back and loosen. i really want a lock nut to ensure that there is no risk of the prop flying off.