Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Help to ID OS motor

Old 01-08-2007, 03:29 PM
mike20xdc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help to ID OS motor

It is an older OS engine and has MAX-S on the side with 30 RS stamped in small letters on the case end the # 3007 is there. It came off a airplane about 40 size. There is just 1 hole in the middle of the exhust port for mounting the exhust pipe. I'm building a 24" airboat to mount this engine and was looking for the size of it.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Help to ID OS motor

It sounds like you have the old O.S. Max .30 engine. It should have a square mounting area for the carburetor. That engine would have gone out of production in the late 1970's or so. The bolt hole in the web that's in the center of the exhaust port was not for muffler mounting, but for the baffle that would open and close the exhaust port as you opened and closed the throttle. Any muffler would have been held on with a strap around the cylinder, and you'd remove the baffle.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:51 PM
mike20xdc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help to ID OS motor

no the mounting area for the carb is round and and there is OS 31 on the carb. What I'm in need of is a pace to find some types of exhust setups for this motor. I want to make the air boat a little more like the real thing. The exhust on the motor took a good beating in a crash.