Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Need Help... Stressed out...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 01:04 AM
BugMan_Cj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help... Stressed out...

ok I just bought a OS .18 TZ /slide carb not to long ago.... and I bought a nice veriety of Crankshafts thinkin I'd get lucky... but there ones big problem... My clutch nut doesn't fit any of them... I have both the NTC3 clutch nuts... the SG nut and the Short Shaft nut... yes this is being put into my NTC3... so please help me out... last guy I talked to at a hobby shop said this one would fit from HPI... WWOORRNNGG... please help a kid out... this engine has stressed me out to much...
Old 03-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Need Help... Stressed out...

You should be using the .18 TZ with the crank that has the built-in pilot shaft. You should also be using Centax clutch, which comes with the NTC3. That combination works. But it may depend upon which version of the car you got, whether it's the ready-to-run or the race version. They are different.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:34 PM
BugMan_Cj

its the RTR plus... see the SG shaft that came with the .18 TZ didn't have a pullstart nipple on it... so I put a .18 TM shaft in and now theres a pullstart on it... but the clutch nut doesn't fit... and I have the .18 TX short shaft and the NTC3 short shaft clutch nut doesn't fit neither... so anyway theres no way to run my car with that engine... and I need a pullstart because the engine is very hard to pump... the cyll shaft that hooks to the TZ SG shaft, TZ shoft shaft, and the TM SG shaft...
Old 03-18-2007, 02:50 AM
BugMan_Cj

So What Clutch Nuts fit these for my NTC3...

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJPZ1&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJPY8&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHKV4&P=0

please let me know ?
Old 03-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want to use an engine with a pull start, then you'll need to get a clutch that fits the engine. You'll have to contact the car maker for information on that...to see which of their clutches will work.