Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

New to RC - Need help with FXi 46 Mixture Control Valve

Old 05-04-2007, 10:16 PM
darylc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to RC - Need help with FXi 46 Mixture Control Valve

I am brand new to RC Airplanes, in fact, I have not even flown the plane yet! I have purchased a slightly used Hobbico NexStar with an OS Max FXi 46 engine. And despite trying very hard to understand the manual that came with the engine and with the plane concerning the Mixture Control Valve, well, I am just not following it well.

I do know that the mixture control valve is not set correctly (by it being moved by an overzealous child). I also know that the plane has been flown approx. 15 times, so the engine should be burned in. I am very confused by the manual concerning how to determine the optimum setup, how to set upper and lower limits, of how to realign, if necessary, the valve, and whether I should ever have to change it again? I guess I need help in laymen terms on "what now" in getting this engine setup correctly, preferably on the heavy fuel side (don't need it to be lean).

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance.

daryl
Old 05-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: New to RC - Need help with FXi 46 Mixture Control Valve

The initial "ball park" setting of the idle mixture screw should be such that there's about a 2 mm gap between the needle and the nozzle when you look into the carburetor when it's opened to the full-throttle position.