Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

os 120 surpass II w/pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 03:00 AM
pastorjody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os 120 surpass II w/pump

I have a 120 surpass with pump and am sorting out the plumbing of the pump and the only real questions is where do I connect the return line? Back to the inlet via a tee. Jake at hobby services said to plug it as it was a crankcase drain. It is the nipple on the pump that is NOT marked in. I am just checking to be sure as it does not make sense to plug a line out of the pump.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

pastorjody,

The return line goes back to the fuel tank. You should dump in the lower front of the tank. You'll need a third line in the fuel tank to be the vent. This should go from top forward in the tank and have the exit on the bottom of the fuselage.

You'll fill through either the fuel pickup line or the return line, and the vent line will let you know when the tank is full.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:01 PM
pastorjody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx bax, now one more question please. What are the factory settings for high and low speed needles?
Old 03-07-2003, 05:30 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There really is no "factory" setting. Start out with the high-speed needle at about 1-1/4 turns out from closed, and the idle mixture control in the center of its range.

1-1/4 turns out on the needle will be VERY rich! When the engine's tuned properly, it will be about 3/4-turn out from closed.

See the FAQ about setting pumped engines at:

http://www.osengines.com/faq/faq-pumped.html