Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 120 PUMP 111 fuel and pump problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 03:46 AM
John Serjeant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 120 PUMP 111 fuel and pump problems

Virtually new, only a couple oftanks of fule so far.
Having problems with fuel leaking in vicinity of the pump (black plastic version on this engine) when engine running; also difficult to start and tune up.

Leak appears to be coming from the pump itself. Have checked all fuel lines and fitment to respective nipples, i.e. from tank to pump and pump to carb etc, they are securely fastened.
Where could fuel be coming from, drips noticably from the pump area.
Engine was initially difficult to start and would only run at tick over speed and had to have main needle open approx 4 turns!. Gradually, with a bit of tinkering with secondary and main eventually got it to run at reasoanble speed.
Pump works o.k. by disconnecting line from pump to carb, plenty of fuel exiting when engine turned over.
Suspect, regulator, fuel blockage?.
The leaks is a mystery at present and don't wish to tamper with pump/carb unnessarily.
Some thought /advice please
Old 08-26-2007, 09:24 PM
duke

Default RE: OS 120 PUMP 111 fuel and pump problems

I'm having same problem...maybe 20 flights. Replaced high dollar plastic pump and disasymled fuel regulator for cleaning..and now it leaks when it didn't before. Sorry to semi hijack but need detailed schematic of fuel regulator, spring, cover etc. Not sure if the pump solved the problem as I shut her down once I saw fuel pouring out of regulator...and it wasn't prior. Help OS.....

thanks
Old 08-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There are no parts diagrams and such for the O.S. pump system on the FS-120 Surpass III. If your engine has a leaking pump or regulator, then it needs to go into the service center. They are service-center-only parts, per O.S., and are not available for general sale.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:36 PM
duke

ORIGINAL: Bax

There are no parts diagrams and such for the O.S. pump system on the FS-120 Surpass III. If your engine has a leaking pump or regulator, then it needs to go into the service center. They are service-center-only parts, per O.S., and are not available for general sale.
For free I sure hope for the life of the engine...if a manufacturer builds a part and doesn't allow folks to buy parts...especially in a hobby industry they must disclose this upfront. Bad bad bad.