Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Break-in process for OS .18CVRX

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:47 PM
ben805

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Break-in process for OS .18CVRX

the instruction said it takes about 5 tanks to break-in, can it be done continuously 5 tanks straight? or does it need some kind of cool down period in between?

Old 09-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Break-in process for OS .18CVRX

You'll have a cool-down period while you fill the tank and then restart the engine. Don't refill with the engine running. Also, remember to DRIVE the car. Your engine won't break in much at all if you just let it sit. We accelerate up and down our parking lot to run the engine and get it up to RPM. We gradually work the high-speed needle leaner as we drive the car.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:49 AM
ben805

ok cool.

I read the manual but I can't seems to find the default needle setting for LSN, I know the HSN is suppose to be 2 full turns which is at 12 o'clock.

Does changing the HSN affect the LSN as well? I know the idle needle will need to be adjust afterward.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Bax

The LSN, as you put it, IS the idle needle.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:11 AM
ben805

are you sure? there are three needles total, the HSN is the biggest one next to fuel inlet, then the middle one which I thought was the LSN to adjust low to mid range mixture, then there is another IDLE needle on the side where throttle link attached to. guess I'll just have to play around with the LSN to hunt for the right tune then, wonder why OS does not put the default setting in the manual, can't find it on OS website either.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Bax

According to the instructions, the engine has a high-speed needle and a "mixture control valve". The latter is the low-speed mixture adjustment, or "LSN" per your posts. There is no midrange adjustment, but there is an idle stop screw, which adjusts how far the throttle can close. Page 20 of the instructions tells how to get the mixture control valve set to the initial, "ball park" settings.