Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

46 SF Help

Old 09-18-2007, 11:26 AM
RoyR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46 SF Help

I have an Old OS46 SF with the pump. The engine still runs great, pump works, however the needle valve or carb is wearing out. WIth the Needle screwed in as far as I can get it, it still runs rich. I have checked it off the airplane and with valve closed, I can still blow air through the feed line easily.

I have written a couple of places on the web that say they sell OS parts, asking for a carb or needle valve assembly, however no one answers.

Does anyone know where I can get the parts to get this engine running again? That is, at a cost less than a new engine.
I would even buy a used 46 if the carb is still good.

Thanks
Roy
Old 09-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 46 SF Help

You need a new carburetor body which happens to still be available in very limited numbers. This will have the needle seat. You'll also need a new needle valve. Here are the stock numbers and list prices of the parts you asked about:

OSMG3512 25481100 CARBURETOR BODY #46 US$42.99
OSMG7062 27681970 NEEDLE #86/#8H US$10.49

These parts can be ordered through any hobby retailer who sells O.S. Max engines and accessories.