Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

os 18tm getting hot

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 09:27 PM
markxr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os 18tm getting hot

i have a os 18 motor in my revo tempurature is getting up to around 170 degrees celcius should i be worried and if so what can i do to make it run cooler
Old 12-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: os 18tm getting hot

First off, how is the engine running? If it's running well, then ignore the temperature. Temps count for something only after you have the engine running properly. You would then check the temp and see what it is. It can tell you if something has changed. It cannot tell you if you have the engine running correctly. If the engine's been set up correctly, then a change in temp readings can tell you something's off, and you now have some detective work to do. However, you would also likely notice something off in the sound, performance, or handling of the engine. We tend to ignore temps when operating our engines. We go by how they sound and how they perform. That's your true clue.

Here's our FAQ on the subject: http://www.osengines.com/faq/product-faq.html#q14
Old 12-10-2007, 05:31 PM
markxr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: os 18tm getting hot

Bax thanks for your help the motor seems to running great so i will just keep eye on it thanks