Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

High end and low end for .70 Surpass II

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:47 PM
wingerit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High end and low end for .70 Surpass II

What are the factory settings for bothe the high end needle valve and the low end screw on the OS 70 Surpass II, I,am having issues with my engine on the high end when I run it at high end it seems ok for a few seconds then the RPM drops, I have crashed the plane once with this engine and needed to order new pushrods for the engine I have replaced all the damaged parts and checked valve clearances, I also inspected all the fuel lines no air leaks also the other thing I noticed is that there doesnt seem like I am getting as much compression as I should, so Iam not sure if its the valves or something is off with the timing.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: High end and low end for .70 Surpass II

The instructions have the settings:

http://www.osengines.com/manuals/index.html
Old 01-15-2008, 07:09 PM
wingerit

Itried changing to the default settings this hasnt resolved my issue not sure whats going on with the engine I also checked the fuel tank to make sure there is no gunk in it from manufacturing. I dont think I will end up buying OS anymore I have a YS thats about the same age and that motor is awesome I think I am going to go with the YS .63 which can throw more power that the Surpass II .70 or even the Surpass III
Old 01-15-2008, 10:28 PM
wingerit

I appologize for being a dumbass I figured out what the problem was but never even thought of checking it. I was going to put an extension rod on the needle valve so I could make adjustments while the cowling was on, But I had bent the needle on the needle valve and never even thought thats what it could be now the motor runs like a champ, sorry for bashing the OS produt Bax I didnt mean to sound rude I was just getting frustrated and I do like my Surpass II, but I also like my YS motor.