Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

os 50sx problem.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 11:45 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os 50sx problem.

I have a brand new os 50sx. I started it for the first time tonight. It has a pitts style muffler and an apc 12x6 prop.

The engine doesnt respond well to the high speed needle valve. On my other os engines the neede valve is somewhat sensitive but on the sx it just doesnt respond much.

Heres what I know. I had a small air leak at the carb. set screw. I tightened it up and believe it is ok ( it would bubble while fueling). I also know that the idle screw is very rich. I tried a transition from idle and it spit and sputtered alot before reving up. Im not sure what to do next. Can a rich idle screw cause the problem? Do i need a pump? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:04 AM
RCLIVIN
My Feedback: (46)

Default os 50sx problem.

if the pitts muffler has two outlets on it try plugging one of them

Gil
Old 04-25-2003, 03:47 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default os 50sx problem.

Crash,

Your engine sounds like it's just not getting fuel. Other than the usual checks for obstructions, fuel line leaks, and vibration-induced fuel foaming, it's become very common in recent years to find that third-party manufacturers' mufflers just don't supply the needed pressure to the fuel tank.

Try running the enigne with the stock muffler. If it runs fine, then you know it's the exhaust system you're trying to use.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:51 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Default os 50sx problem.

Thanks Bax.