Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

os.18cvrx 11j rotoary carb wont start

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:38 PM
gflyer_22040

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os.18cvrx 11j rotoary carb wont start

i had a pullstart that broke at the end of the season and i didint bother fixing it had a broken throttle lever so i got a new one put it on got a duratrax rotostart installed that today cant get it to start i am using odonnels 20% nitro fuel and a brand new a5 os hot glow plug any suggestions on how to fix it would be great trial and error
Old 04-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: os.18cvrx 11j rotoary carb wont start

If an engine won't start, and you have good compression, good fuel, and a good glow plug, then you have the engine too rich or too lean. Those are the only things that can cause a problem. Either you've over-primed the engine or you haven't primed it enough.

To start with, you want the engine dry of fuel. Close the high-speed needle, and then try putting a few drops of fuel into the cylinder and reinstall the glow plug. Don't attach the battery and spin the engine a bit. Now attach the battery and see if the engine will fire. It should fire. If not, then something is wrong. Likely, compression is shot. That's very common with R/C car engines. They get a lot of wear due to overheating, low-oil fuel, and dirt ingestion.