Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 200 FS settings ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 08:56 PM
tigil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 200 FS settings ??

HI, Since awhile OS seems to have change the way to adjust their carburator. I have bought lately an OS 200 4 strokes and I have difficulty to adjust it properly which cause many dead sticks. Is there someone that can explain in details how the needles are now working?

I am putting an image of a detail from the manual of this engine mentionning that the adjustment should be done from an unscrew mixture needle. This seems to me as an error.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52917.gif
Views:	13
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	959240  
Old 05-28-2008, 09:00 PM
tigil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS 200 FS settings ??

Here is a best picture
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82553.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	959245  
Old 05-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS 200 FS settings ??

When an engine quits after a few minutes in flight, it's usually because the engine isn't getting good fuel pressure or it's not adjusted properly. If you are not using the stock muffler, it may be possible that the exhaust system you're using just doesn't give enough pressure to the tank to deliver fuel to the carburetor. You may need to check your fuel system to make sure there are no air leaks that could cause leaning. Proper adjustment is mandatory.

Please be aware that 'factory' settings are not where you run the engine. They are only starting points, and you have to adjust the engine to suit conditions. Fuel, weather, fuel system, and the like all influence how the engine gets set. Set the high-speed needle first, and then the idle mixture. You then adjust the two to balance them and get a good transition from high to low and low to high.