Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

rpm surging 4stroke 52 surrpass

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 06:43 PM
riadh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rpm surging 4stroke 52 surrpass

Surging almost through out the rpm range .If tank issues are ruled out so is plumbing what should I check next to rectify the problem? I have also noticed that the HS needle has no effect on rpm for more than one complete turn but would immediately lean the engine if turned a further one or two ticks .Cheers
Old 06-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: rpm surging 4stroke 52 surrpass

Please check the entire fuel system. Better yet, remove the engine from the model and put it onto a test stand. Surging is caused by erratic fuel flow. In a model, this can be caused by vibration agitating air into the fuel that's in the tank, or by causing the fuel lines to move about. A leak in a fuel line will be aggravated by the line moving about due to vibration. Using a test stand will fix everything firmly in place, and will allow you to set up the engine properly.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:26 PM
riadh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you Bax ,will do that .Cheers ,Riadh
Old 06-24-2008, 10:15 AM
JRO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with a Magnum 91 4 stroke. After checking the hoses and fuel tank I found nothing wrong. However I pulled the High speed needle out and disconnected the hose's a blew out the carburetor with air and ran some fuel through it. That solved my surging. Hope this helps.